Harmony Dental and Orthodontics
Wisdom tooth extraction
Wisdom teeth are the last ones to erupt and they often come in sideways or impacted due to lack of space. These can cause serious problems such as cavities, infection, damage to other teeth and bone, or a cyst. If your wisdom teeth do not have adequate space to come in straight or are already causing problems, it is recommended to have them removed. At Harmony Dental and Orthodontics, Dr. Hu has years of experience in oral surgery and are able to take care of your wisdom teeth extraction with as minimal discomfort as possible.
What to do after Surgery
- Bite gently on the gauze periodically. Call us if you still have uncontrolled bleeding.
- While your mouth is numb, be careful not to bite the inside of your cheek or lip, or your tongue.
- Do not lie flat. Prop up your head with pillows.
- Do not use a straw for the first few days.
- Do not smoke for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- Avoid rubbing the area with your tongue or touching it with your fingers.
- Strenuous activity will result in increased bleeding. Limit physical activity for 3-4 days following surgery.
- After the first day, gently rinse your mouth with warm salt water several times a day.
- Continue to brush your teeth carefully and be gentle around the surgical area.